It was decided that the tax department, due to their stationary nature and the kind of detail work they do, should have 19" monitors to supplement their puny laptop displays. Great idea, although it took some convincing on my part to get them to see that while they would give up desk space, they would gain "real estate" and not need as much desk space.
The displays finally show up and I set about installing them and giving the users orientation. Let's keep in mind here that this is to supplement the laptop display. Laptops are placed in a docking station, where all the cords and such plug into (including the monitor), so it's very simple, really.
After giving this particular user an orientation to his new set up, he turns to me and says:
"So, if I don't have my laptop, will the monitor and keyboard still work?"
I look at him like he's just dropped in from Mars. The trip from outerspace obviously deprived him of oxygen required for coherent thinking.
After a full minute of me staring at him like the village idiot that he is, he says "Oh, I guess not, huh?"
Ya think?
3.13.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i can completely imagine the look on your face. i think you've given me that look once or twice.
suddenly, i miss you terribly.
Post a Comment