I’m halfway there. As of this past Tuesday (6/26/07), I am at 20 weeks, with 20 weeks to go. You’re probably saying “Hey, wait, that’s 10 months!?” Yes, that’s right. The nine months thing is misunderstood. You actually don’t come to term until the end of the ninth month.
So far, everything is progressing nicely. My bp was down to a normal 120/80 at my last ob/gyn appointment -much jubilation all around. It probably helped that they took the blood pressure before the excitement that day. Let me tell you about that.
My OB is normally very punctual. I’ve never had to wait more than 10 minutes past my appointment time, with the exception of the first time I visited. As I walked into the office that day, Dr. was at the front desk on the phone…
“Yes? Really? Well, I have 2 more patients I’d like to finish up with before I head over. Do you think I have 20 minutes? Ok. Call me back.”
Dr. asked that I hurry along and do my usual routine – bp, weight and PIAC (pee in a cup) and her assistant put me into an exam room to wait. There was another woman to be seen before me. I heard the Dr. go into her room. About two minutes later, the receptionist comes running down the hall…
“Dr.! Dr.! The head is crowning. You must go now!”
She pokes her head in my room and apologizes for having to rush off. And poof! She was out the door.
I sat there for 10 minutes or so wondering what to do. Finally I wandered into the waiting area where her assistant told me the Dr. had asked that I wait. As the head was already crowning, the Dr. predicted that she would be back in about an hour.
I hadn’t gone into work that morning because I wasn’t feeling well. My husband had duty that night, so it wasn’t like I had anything else to do. So I waited.
An hour and 10 minutes later she was back. I can only hope my labor goes that quickly and smoothly.
As a high risk pregnancy, I’ll be going in for another ultrasound tomorrow. Since I had some doubts about the whole girl thing (I didn’t really “see” the girl parts myself, I just believed them), it will be good to get some confirmation before we start painting rooms and buying stuff.
I found this link to be really interesting - and explained a lot about the aches and pains I'd been having: http://www.pennhealth.com/health_info/pregnancy/9monthmiracle/tools/fetaltool.html
6.28.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
For the love of pete, let it be a girl - I'm committed!!
It's definitely a girl. Camera shy with a heck of a left hook, but a girl all the same.
Post a Comment