Ok, I know the pregnant woman is especially sensitive to smells. I know that and I thought most pregnant women knew that? I can forgive the over-perfumed elevator ride sharer who about gassed me into unconsciousness the other day. She probably didn't think about that cloud of noxious fumes while applying her eau de toilette with a heavy hand that morning.
But other pregnant women? Don't they know better?
While waiting at Fetal Diagnostics the other day, a woman whooshed by me on her way to the check in counter. I thought for sure I was having some sort of life threatening event as I sat there gasping for air. Come to think of it, she was probably in her third trimester. Maybe this over sensitivity to smell disappears later on in pregnancy?
I'll have to stop myself from smelling other pregnant women to test that theory. Lord knows there's a ton of them out there right now. I can't walk down the street to get lunch without seeing at least four or five of them. I guess it's similar to when you get a new car. Suddenly EVERYONE is driving the same car as you.
6.06.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
At first I thought this was a post about Helen, lol.
I can't STAND any smells right now and I'm not even pregnant. They tell me it goes away, so I hope the same for you, cuz ewwwwww.
And woohoo, buying girlie goodies already...
Post a Comment