Ok, not all drugs.
I've been suffering from serious insomnia for about 2 weeks now. Pretty much started after my last OB appointment.
I didn't go to work yesterday because I didn't sleep the night before. Falling asleep while at stop lights is not my idea of fun.
I went to my OB yesterday. Lucy's heartbeat is down to 145 from 150. I was freaking out about this til I read a friend's post about it getting closer to 120bpm as we get closer to delivering. Lucy was full-on kicking at the doppler wand.
Blood pressure holding steady at 120/80 - even though I had some salty jambalaya the night before. I thought for sure that would skew it up.
I talked to my OB about the not sleeping and she gave me a prescription for Ambien, with the caveat to use it sparingly. What the heck does that mean?? When I was filling the prescription, I didn't agree to generic (I blame the lack of sleep) and came back with a whopping bill for $130! Whoa. Generic, please. Since I am double insured (employer and military dependent) that got it down to free. Works for me.
So I took this Ambien last night. I really had reservations about it, but my god, how long can I go w/out sleeping? It didn't make me loopy or feel like I was in a coma all night, but I did get a solid night of sleep. Only woke up once to pee. I think I could have slept another couple hours, but I had to get up and come to work. It didn't leave me feeling groggy or loopy in the morning either and I actually feel like a human being again today. I think I'll take one tonight and then give it a rest a couple nights. I don't want to get hooked on it.
Funny how a good night's sleep can make you feel almost positive again.
I lost three pounds in two weeks because of this stupid insomnia. After researching Ambien on the web, I will only use it when I have to and not at all in the third trimester. Hopefully the insomnia will go away by then. I know not everyone agrees with taking drugs while pregnant. But a non-functioning zombie mommy isn't that great either.
7.19.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment