8.05.2007

The Latest

I had a regular OB appt and an ultrasound appointment this week.

Lucy, as usual, was being totally uncooperative during picture taking. This time she had BOTH arms up and crossed in front of her face. She's starting to look like an actual baby on the 3d ones (what we could see of her). Her head is by my belly button and her body goes along the left side of my belly. When she wasn't crossing her arms, she was playing with her toes, sucking her thumb or making fishy faces. We got a picture where you can see her little tiny fingers on top of her little tiny toes. She's measuring in the 71st percentile (whatever that means) at 2lbs 4oz.

In three weeks, I start weekly stress tests. They assume my pressure will start creeping up then. I'm to take my bp at home/work 3x a day and write it down. I will bring my bp monitor in on the next visit so they can calibrate it with theirs, since it's a little off every time. If the bottom number goes over 90, we got issues and 2x weekly stress tests. There's talk of increasing my bp meds. I'm so scared about this because I get conflicting information from the internet about what I'm on. I hope I'm not hurting my Lucy.

During one of the 3d views, I saw what looked like testicles between her legs. I flipped out. So they showed me her girl parts. On 3d they actually look like girl parts. None of this "see the 3 lines" crap that I didn't believe.

Friday she got her first case of the hiccups (that I had felt anyway). It's freaky to see my boobs moving of their own accord, so I got up to walk around. When I'm standing up, she's not right under my ribs. OB started fundal height measurements this week, which I thought was hilarious, given my ampleness in the midsection.

No comments: