Just came back from my OB appointment. Apparently fluid retention is causing me to have carpal tunnel syndrome, which is why my hands have been killing me lately.
The last time I saw her I said something to her about how tired I am, she told me to take a nap. I gave her a dirty look and told her I didn't see how that was feasible, given the fact that I am AT WORK all day.
Today she asked me how long I planned on working. I told her I didn't know, but my company has pretty decent STD benefits. She told me to let her know when I wanted to stop working and she'd write me off. She said she could do it right now because of the hypertension, anemia, carpal tunnel, my high riskedness (not a word, I made that up), etc. I told her I would think about it. I guess I will have to call Leave Management tomorrow and see what they can tell me. I figure by the end of the September, I'm going to be begging to stay home.
I feel bad all the time, the anemia makes me so tired and the sleep deprivation makes me mentally worthless. My job is fairly easy (I think people are taking it easy on me on purpose), so I don't know if I should just stick it out til mid or late October. I should have asked the doc about a reduced schedule. I'll make sure to ask Leave Management about that tomorrow. And see what kind of a pay hit I'd be taking. I find it hard to justify going out this early with the baby doing so well. If it were affecting her, I'd go out in a flash, but it's just me and my whining right now.
Other than that, she said the report on my NST looks good. Lucy did her usual "run away from the doppler wand" but we finally pegged her down.
Ultrasound on Friday. This will be the first time I go to an ultrasound on my own. My mom is off island and my husband is working. My dad isn't really interested in seeing the inner workings of my uterus real time. I have another NST before that, so it's going to be a long visit, anyway.
8.29.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
stay home already!! nest, hang out, watch Who's My BabyDaddy episodes on Maury. When will you have the chance to spend quality time, paid, and getting the rest your body wants you to have?
love you, love you.
Post a Comment